Great spot for a quick/close getaway! We live in Nashville. I considered renting our own RV to drive down, but they have RVs onsite for rent… like an AIR BNB. I saved a ton going this route. Kayaking the river was awesome with my wife & 6 year old. The “short float” took an hour, it was beautiful & relaxing. Will be back for sure!
Great Base Location In The State
Variety of Lot Sizes
Bring Your Own RV or Rent an Airbnb Camper
Hook your RV up at Smooth Rapids or simply book one of our Airbnb campers, ready for your vacation pleasure! Our property covers 8-acres right next to the Barren Fork River and we provide RV spots with water & electricity for various sizes of RVs. We also have portable toilets and a dump service (for a fee), and a fire pit for your use free of charge. There is access to the river directly behind our Smooth Rapids Grill and nearly everything you need is just a short walk from the campground. Our Airbnb campers include queen-size beds, TVs, and other handy amenities. Rustic RV camping in Tennessee doesn’t get much better than this!
Enjoy our RV spots with water and electricity - 30 & 50 amp
No RV? Book an Airbnb camper complete with a queen-size bed - some have bunk beds for additional guests
Explore the state parks of Tennessee - just 30 minutes away!
Eat in our restaurant - just next to your RV spot
Book and park your RV lot next to family and friends (see our map section below)
Launch your kayak just a short walk from your RV hookup
Click the Tabs to Learn More
Bring Your Own RV
Short Spot (<25 Foot RV) $35 a night – Two week maximum stay
Medium Spot (25-30 Foot RV) $45 a night – Two week maximum stay
Long RV Spot (>30 Foot RV) $55 a night – Two week maximum stay
Medium Spots 2 & 3 and Short Spot 4 have Sewer Hookups. The rest will need to use our self service dump station near the entrance – OR – we have a mobile pump service at all of the other sites for $20 per pump.
SEE SITE MAP TO SELECT SPECIFIC SPOTS
What to Expect
We offer campers and cabins that can be booked via Airbnb, each comes with a comfortable queen-size bed, bathroom with hot water, TV, and other amenities. Staying with us in McMinnville is a safe and great launching point to explore other parts of Tennessee. We are within driving distance of many of the top things to do in Tennessee including visiting the Music City of Nashville and exploring the great state parks. All our campers come with an enhanced clean after every use and the following amenities:
- Queen-sized bed
- Some have bunk beds and fold-out couches for additional guests – see description on Airbnb.
- Bathroom with hot water & essentials
- Air conditioning & heating
- Kitchen with cooking basics
Click the links below for further information on each camper:
FInd Your Way Around
Things to Keep in Mind
- See site map legend to choose the right RV parking spot for various sizes of rigs. Big or small, we can accommodate you!
- We have fully furnished cabins, campers, and tents for rent! Enjoy the camping experience without the hassle.
- Firewood is for sale next door at the restaurant. The use of fire rings is required.
- There is access to electricity, water, and portable toilets, however, there are currently no showers so we advise you to bring your own portable one.
- Small grills are welcome.
- Pets are welcome as long as they are cleaned up after and do not disturb other guests.
- River access and Smooth Rapids’ General Store are within walking distance of all campsites.
- Please dispose of all trash and leave the grounds as you found them.
Check Out What Our Previous Guests Say
Can’t beat the convenience of being close to the kayaking & restaurant. Great value & we plan to return!
Best kept secret in camping and kayaking. Staff goes above and beyond, the kayaking is awesome, and the restaurant is just the icing on the cake.