We have kayaked here several times. We decided to tent camp and kayak Oct 16. The river was very visible from our site. The site was clean, quiet and the port o potty was very clean and kept stocked with tp.
Camp, Eat, & Kayak Onsite
Enjoy the Charm of Riverside Camping In Tennessee
Here at Smooth Rapids, we offer traditional camping spots as well as hosting our own Airbnb tent complete with a queen-size bed. Whichever you choose, you are guaranteed a prime spot for kayaking as you are right by the riverside! You don’t have to kayak to camp with us as packages for both are available. For more information, contact us today!
Click the Tabs to Learn More
Tent Site Prices
- $25/night per tent site. Maximum 2 tents per site including pop up canopies. Maximum 2 vehicles or 1 vehicle and 1 trailer. If you need more space, please book additional sites. Tent sites 14-18 have electricity. The rest are primitive. No bath house currently. There are portable toilets on site. Please check in and set up in the correct spot within the allowed number of tents and vehicle. This is to avoid being charged for additional sites or being asked to move (see site map).
Airbnb Tent Cabin
You must go through Airbnb to see the price and secure this furnished tent.
What to Expect
Our Airbnb tent cabin comes with an enhanced clean after every use as well as free use of our fire pit, picnic table, electricity for lights, fan, space heater, and phone charging. We are in a great location in Middle Tennessee, close to many state attractions including our own kayaking and tubing services!
FInd Your Way Around
Things to Keep in Mind
- Our 8-acre campground is perfect for tent and hammock campers.
- Firewood is for sale next door at the restaurant. The use of fire rings is required.
- There is access to electricity, water, and portable toilets. Small grills are welcome.
- Pets are welcome as long as they are cleaned up after and do not disturb other guests.
- River access and the Smooth Rapids restaurant are within walking distance of all campsites.
- Please dispose of all trash and leave the grounds as you found them.
Check Out What Our Previous Guests Say
They are so accommodating and always happy to help any way that you might need. Not a camper, but their camp ground was clean and you have a view of the river.
Best kept secret in camping and kayaking. Staff goes above and beyond, the kayaking is awesome, and the restaurant is just the icing on the cake.